Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Owen/Eugene McEnery of Monagea Parish

I think I have satisfied myself that Owen McEnery and Eugene McEnery are the same person. When, years ago, I received the report from the Limerick Regional Archives, the parents of Catherine, Bridget, Patrick, John, Thomas and Mary were identified as Owen McEnery and Mary Collins. Today I found Thomas's baptismal record at the brs.genealogy site. In this record, the names of the parents are given as Eugene McEnery and Maria Collins. Now if I can just get in touch with the O'Driscoll who has his family tree on the web and is presumably the great-grandson of Eugene (and grandson of John, and son of William Joseph O'Driscoll and Margaret McEnery) I could find out his sources for Eugene's birth and death dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment